Home Insurance

  • Property Insurance
  • Homeowner's Liability
  • Renter's Insurance
  • Condo Insurance
  • Mobile Home Insurance
  • Scheduled Property Insurance
  • Landlord's Insurance
  • In-Home Business Insurance
Find an Agent

Understanding Your Policy

There are several sections, called coverages, to your insurance policy. Here at Hometown, we believe it is important to understand your policy. To help you do so, we've broken down your coverage so you can understand what is covered and what isn't.

dream house

Coverage A

Coverage A protects your home itself, and anything attached to the home. This would include a deck, among other structures. If part of your home needs rebuilt or repaired, this is the section of your coverage that would help get that done.

additional structure coverage

Coverage B

Coverage B will cover structures not attached to your home. This includes fences, detached garages, shops, and sheds.

personal belongings

Coverage C

Coverage C is the percentage of personal belongings insured if the home were destroyed. There are some limitations on what is covered, and your agent will be able to fully explain how this works. When you receive a copy of your policy, be sure to review it, and ask questions about your coverage.

flood insurance

Coverage D

If your home is damaged Coverage D comes into play. This coverage helps to pay the costs of relocation while your home is brought back to a livable state. Your agent can go into more detail, but this generally only works in situations where a storm, flood or fire has made it impossible to live in the home. Deciding to renovate, and running into issues along the way, is not necessarily going to be covered by your policy.

injury insurance

Coverage L

Some consider this to be one of the more important aspects of your coverage. Coverage L protects you if someone is injured on your property, or you cause damage to someone else's property. This coverage excludes any damages done by you to your own property.

medical and injury insurance

Coverage M

If someone is on your property and is injured in an accident, Coverage M will help pay for the medical bills of the injured person. Coverage is limited per accident and per person. Additionally, the payment is made regardless of legal liability.

Not Sure? That's OK.

We have agents all over the region who are happy to help you learn more about coverages and help you figure out what's best for you.

Find an Agent

Combine and Save!

When you bundle your policies together you'll save even more. Check with your agent to see what options are available to you.

Auto Insurance
"Great customer service sets us apart. If we don’t know the answer, we will find it."Sarah Schmidt
staff photo

Looking for discounts?

You savy shopper! There are many ways to save including:

  • Mature citizen
  • Empty nest
  • Non smoker
  • Hail-resistant roof
  • Protective devices
  • And more
Find an Agent

What kind of insurance do you offer?

As an independent agent we can offer choices from several different companies; including options for how your claims are settled, whether Replacement cost, or Actual cash value. Make the right choice for you!

Renter's Insurance

Hometown Insurance Agency offers renter's insurance as well. A renter's policy involves building a policy made up of Coverage C, Coverage D and Coverage L from a homeowners policy.

A Renter's policy can be customized for the situation. Children going away to college don't generally need a separate policy as long as they have chosen to live in the dorms, but once they have moved onto an apartment it's time to get a rental policy.

To put it simply, a rental policy involves protection for your belongings if you do not own your dwelling.

Find an Agent

Got Quotes?

You can relax while your agent shops around for flexible coverage and great rates.

A few of the companies we can quote for include, but are not limited to:

Frequently Asked Questions

Why am I paying for a policy that is for more than what I paid for my home?

When you buy your home, you are paying market price for the home. Insurance companies consider the cost to replace your home if it were to disappear from a total loss. The end goal is to make sure that we get you back to where you were before the loss.

What states can you write policies in?

We have Agents that are licensed to cover you in Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

What factors go into determining the amount of my monthly premium?

The best way to estimate your premium is to get a quote, as there are many factors that go into the determination of your monthly premium. Some of those factors are the age of the home, the cost to rebuild the home, your coverages, your claim history and much more.

What are the accepted methods for making my payments?

All the insurance providers we work with accept payment by mail, in person and electronically. Autodraft payments can be set up as well. Or your homeowners policy can be billed through your escrow account.

What information do you need from me?

At a minimum, we will need your name, address, phone number, employment information, Social Security number. We may also have questions about your home that may be particular to it.

My child is going away to school, do they need a renter's insurance policy?

Generally, a homeowners policy will cover your student's belongings if they are living in student housing on a college campus. It's always a good idea to discuss that with your agent to confirm. If your student plans to live in an apartment complex off-campus they may need their own policy, and we can help with that as well.

How can I get a quote?

You can visit your local Hometown office and get a free quote from one of our agents, or you can request a quote online.